SURE-FIRE, RADICAL INVESTMENT STRATEGIES
Friends, I have a confession: I’m an aggressive, fanatical investor.
Better yet, my investments have NOT fallen in value. Rather, they’re UP! While others are bemoaning the current investment climate, I couldn’t be more excited! I can’t stop thinking about my portfolio and the increase in riches! Yes, you heard me correct.
My portfolio is soaring. Is yours? If not, I’m going to tell you how you can invest just as wisely.
A WORD OF WARNING: Many of the todays investment “experts” value my portfolio no better than fool’s gold and mock (inwardly and expressly) my advice. But are those the same who said “the market will never get that low!”? If you follow this advice, the world will mock and hate you…. but you will be rich. In fact, the more they laugh and mock, my portfolio increases exponentially… and so will yours. What joy!
MY INVESTMENT STRATEGY
Let’s cut to the chase: what are my recommendations? Invest exclusively in Gold and Oil. Not just any gold. Gold tried by fire. And oil reserves that no man can tap.
This is straight from my Broker:
– “Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” (Lk 18:22)
– “I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich…” (Rev 3:18)
– “If riches increase, Do not set your heart on them.” (Ps 62:10)
– “Will you set your eyes on that which is not? For riches certainly make themselves wings; They fly away like an eagle toward heaven.” (Pr 23:5)
– “How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God! For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” (Luke 18:24,25)
– “No one can serve two masters. For either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will hold to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.” (Mat 6:24)
– “Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy. Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share, storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.” (1 Tim 6:17-19)
– “Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses.” (Lk 12:15)
– “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness. (1 Tim 6:10)
– “Lay up treasures in Heaven for yourselves, where neither moth nor rust corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal.” (Mat 6:20)
– “And you who have no money, Come, buy and eat…. Why do you spend money for what is not bread, And your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And let your soul delight itself in abundance.” (Isa 55)
– “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” (Mat 6:31 -33)
– “Do not labor to be rich; cease from your own understanding. Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.” [Read Mat 25: The wise and foolish virgins for more understanding] (Pr 23:4, 23)
MY SECRET (HOPE IT’S YOURS, TOO!): I’ll let you in on a little secret, in case you haven’t heard about any of this sound investment advise in Money Magazine and from the talking heads on Fox Business and MSNBC: “The secret of the LORD is with those who fear Him; and He will show them His covenant.” (Ps 25:14)
WHY SO RADICAL? My Broker, the Lord Jesus, tells us to “sell all” and follow His investment strategy. Yet many of the rich who desire this wealth have turned away very sorrowful, unwilling to give up what they presently hold. Or they have tried to invest in both markets, with frustration. Why? Because as John the Baptist declared, “He must increase, but I must decrease” so must we decrease (die to ourself) so that He and His work increases in us. There’s no other way. It’s impossible with man. But all things are possible with God!
Saints, what does the world have to offer us that can compete with the true riches of the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ? It is written, “For Wisdom [Christ] is better rubies, and all the thing that may be desired are not to be compared with it [Him].”
Inevitably the flesh will rise up in us and be offended by such claims. Someone will protest, “So is money evil? Is it bad to work?” Of course not. The Lord had and used money. Paul labored at his tent making so he’d be chargeable to no man. No, it is our trusting in it, living for it, and spending our time and emotions on it that can pull us away from walking with the Lord. Do we fear when the market goes down? Who’s in control, ultimately? Btw, who do you think has shown this nation that we are “mere men” by lowering the market? (Ps 9:20)
Are we laying up treasure on this earth? Is He really first in everything we do? Could it be said of us, as it was for the likes of God-fearing George Mueller? when he and his wife sold most of their goods over time and gave to those in need when they themselves had very little to begin with? And yet the Lord passed millions of dollars through the hands of this saint. He told no one of the needs of his orphans or himself, but the Lord. Yet, they were fed and clothed, and the orphanages were prospered. What was His secret? He spent hours meditating, praying and trusting in the certain riches and promises of God. He was not living for this world.
This is the day that the Lord has made. Rejoice! Be Glad! And continue (or start) investing (spending time) in HIM and His Word! Nothing else will matter in the Day of the Lord.
Your friend and servant,
“If you have been risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sits on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For you are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall you also appear with him in glory.” (Col 3:1-4)
ARE YOU BANKRUPT?
If you are reading this and have found religion empty or burdensome, I would say to you, “Flee religion and the wrath to come!” Run to and embrace the Savior. Repent with Godly repentance (2 Cor 7:10) of the many ways you’ve loved yourself more than Him and He will come to you. He WILL make Himself known to you. But you MUST repent and surrender your life to Him, and serve the Lord. (Lk 14:25-34) And with the new heart He gives you, you will truly cry out “Abba, Father!” (Rom 8:15, Gal 4:6) as you are reconciled to God through the Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Cor 5:17-20)
Many know that the Lord died on the cross for the world’s sin, yet many forgot that by His death and resurrection, He is calling us (“inviting” in the Greek) to die to ourselves, forsake this world, and live to and for Him! He’s inviting us to walk in newness of life… a resurrected life that is FREE to serve holiness and righteousness. This is the Christ life!
Won’t you humble yourself as a little child to enter into the greatest of all Kingdoms?